Re: [Patch] Fixup tcl and expect build under Cygwin

Sorry for the delay...

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Mo DeJong wrote:

> 2002-05-04  Mo DeJong  <supermo@bayarea.net>
>
> 	* aclocal.m4 (CY_AC_PATH_TCLCONFIG, CY_AC_PATH_TKCONFIG,
> 	CY_AC_PATH_ITCLH): Update macros that search for tclConfig.sh
> 	and tkConfig.sh so that they also check the win/ subdirectory.
> 	Update macro that checks for itcl.h so that it looks in
> 	itcl/itcl/generic instead of itcl/src. These updates
> 	are needed to get things building correctly under Cygwin
> 	gcc and Tcl/Tk 8.3.
>  	* configure: Regen.

I cannot approve this (not really sure who can), but I remember doing
something similar in a sandbox to fix all the tcl/tk problems on cygwin.
There are several problems with our tcl/tk builds now;
tcl/generic/tclIntDecls.h has bugs, cygtcl.m4 wants to link with
"-e_WinMain@16", which is wrong, and a bunch more that I haven't found.
:-(

I'm trying to package these all up and check them in, but I keep getting
side-tracked. (You worked for Red Hat: you know how that goes.)

> 2002-05-04  Mo DeJong  <supermo@bayarea.net>
>
> 	* unix/tclUnixFCmd.c (DoCopyFile): Don't use mkfifo
> 	when compiling with Cygwin, since it is not supported.
>  	* win/configure: Regen.
> 	* win/configure.in: Don't emit ../unix/tclConfig.sh.
> 	This hack was breaking the snavigator build and was
> 	only needed because the expect build process was
> 	out of date.

Otherwise, as far as I can approve the tcl changes, I've only one
question... Why can I build with cygwin without build problems? (Ok,
expect doesn't build, but tcl/tk were "fine".)

I'll definitely approve the unix/tclConfig.sh thing, though. I never
understood why that was done.