Supporting custom processors

Hi Insight people,

My name is Martin O'Riordan and I am the CTO of a company called
Silaria Ltd.  We develop customisable processors for embedded
systems, mostly in the telecommunications sector.

I have ported various Gnu and GPL tools for our processor, including
Gdb/Insight.  I have had the help of one of your past colleagues --
Brendan Kehoe which has saved me a lot of trouble.

Mostly the port works fine, but I have a couple of problems that I
can't seem to solve and was wondering if you could help.

I currently have Insight 5.1, running under Cygwin on a Windows 2000
host targetting a simulator for the Silaria processor.  There are
two problems I am having that I cannot get a handle on:

1.	Where do 'stdout' and 'stderr' get bound to?  I thought that
	messages written to these streams would appear in the console
	window, but they do not.  The programs run fine, but the stdio
	to these streams vanishes.  The input stream 'stdin' is also
	broken similarly.  The Intel/Windows hosted version of Insight
	presents these streams in a separate Windows console window,
	but this seems to have been built differently to the Cygwin
	hosted build environment I am using for the cross-development
	tools.

2.	I have the GCC 3.0.1 compiler ported, and I have currently got
	Dwarf (not Dwarf 2) support.  However, while I can breakpoint,
	single stepping at the source code level seems to fail - it
	just continues executing.

Can you give please send me hints or pointers to information that
will help me resolve these problems.

Thanks,

	Martin
Martin J. O'Riordan                       CTO, Silaria Ltd.
Dominick Court,   41 Dominick Street,   Dublin 1,   Ireland
Phone: +353 (1) 873-3145             FAX: +353 (1) 873-3147
EMail: Martin.ORiordan@silaria.com   Web:   www.silaria.com