Re: How to run Insight ?

Nicolas,

Assuming you issue the command somewhere where the variable DISPLAY is
set,
gdb will start in graphical mode, i.e., using the Insight GUI.

There are two situations GDB will run in command line mode:

1) If you start it with a -nw switch (i.e., gdb -nw)

2) You are running it somewhere where the DISPLAY variable is not
set (like a xterm open to some remote machine).

W.r.t. tcl and tk, these are special versions that have been altered
so they work as well in other environments where GDB also run, like
Cygwin.  They are installed in separate directories (together with GDB)
so they don't interfere with the standard distributions of Tcl/Tk etc.

Thanks for your interest in the Insight GUI and good luck.

Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300