Re: Why is PASCAL undefined in win/tclWinPort.h?

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Mo DeJong wrote:

> Why would the sources verson differ? I have no idea. This only matters for
> a VC++ compiled program, so I can't imagine it could effect Insight in any
> way. The only ChangeLog entry I could find on the subject seems to suggest
> that the code is not correct.

According to the CVS log, the #define PASCAL line was touched last by irox
in version 1.5 (2001-09-13). These lines do not appear in version 1.4 of
the file, so irox must have added them... The ChangeLog for it:

2001-09-12  Ian Roxborough  <irox@redhat.com>

        * Makefile.in: Add 'cygwin' subdirectory to 'make all'
        target.
        * configure.in: Configure 'cygwin' and 'win' directory
        for a cygwin host.
        * configure: Regenerated.
        * cygwin/configure.in: Change version number to 8.3.
        * cygwin/configure: Regenerated.
        * cygwin/Makefile.am: Added/removed files to be build
        for Tcl8.3.
        * cygwin/Makefile.in: Regenerated.
        * generic/tcl.h: Don't define __WIN32__ for cygwin or
        mwing32 builds.  Don't define USE_TCLALLOC when building
        for cygwin.  Don't use __declspec unless building Tcl or
        tk or build with USE_TCL_STUBS.
        * generic/tclAlloc.c: For cygwin hosts, don't using
        anything in this file unless build with __TCL_UNIX_VARIANT.
        * generic/tclClock.c: Declare 'timezone' as an int, if it
        hasn't been #defined.
        * generic/tclStubInit.c: Don't export any tclAlloc function
        when build for a cygwin host.
        * win/configure.in: Set DL_LIBS and MATH_LIBS.  Create
        unix/tclConfig.sh.
        * win/configure: Regenerated.
        * win/tclWinPort.h: Added missing #endif.
        * win/tclWinFile.c (TclpChdir): Don't invert change
        directory results on cygwin.

No mention of PASCAL...

> Any objections to removing that undefine? I will do some more testing
> before posting a patch, I was just wondering if this rings a bell with
> anyone.

I don't think we really care, since we would never have _MSC_VER defined
under cygwin. So it's entirely up to you.