Re: Tcl problem

CC'd proper list

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Satya wrote:

> to use some Tcl functions which are present in Tcl8.3 but not in Tcl8.0.
> Tcl 8.3 is installed on my machine but insight is not using it. Can
> someone tell me how I can make Insight use Tcl8.3.

Insight does/can use Tcl8.3, but not the one that installed on your system
(I think -- I don't actually know, I've never tried it, and I'm sure this
is missing configury for this).

Any version of gdb >=5.2 will have Tcl/Tk 8.3 with it. Any prior version
will have Tcl/Tk 8.0.3.

I hope you're not using Cygwin as a host platform... Our Tcl/Tk ports are
broken, and I recommend that people use Tcl/Tk 8.0.3 with Insight on
Cygwin hosts (see instructions on how to do this on website).