Re: Insight and KGDB

[Moved to list -- others may be interested to know what you're up to]

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, weiming liu wrote:

>      Insight is a great tool for kernel debug. I tried to integrate
> kgdb(kgdb.sourceforge.net) and Insight( on MS win2000) to debug a linux
> kernel file system. Connection and breakpoint are ok. But source mode of
> source window doesn't work. It's automatically changed into assembly mode.
> I open vmlinux with file/open menu. What's wrong ? Could you give me a hand
> to address this issue?

Insight will automatically switch to assembly mode when it cannot find the
source files for a given module. The first step is to determine if your
image has debug info and whether gdb can find/parse that info.

We'll need much more info about the executable you're attempting to debug.
I presume your stopped in a C function? If so, what does gdb say about
this function? ("info func FUNCTION_NAME")

If you're NOT stopped at a function but in an assembler source file, what
does gdb say about it? (try "list ASM_FILE:1")