Re: Insight Build Problems on CYGWIN

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Johan Kruger wrote:

> Can someone please supply a patch file for download to replace the files
> as mentioned.

The error is pretty explicit: you're configuring an already configured
source tree. As always, I strongly advise against using the source
directory as a build directory. Here's what you'll need to do:

The first thing to do is eradicate all the build junk from your sources.
You can either delete the source tree and unpack the tarball again, or
run "make distclean".

>From shell:
$ ls
src/
$ mkdir cygwin; cd cygwin
$ ../src/configure --prefix=INSTALLDIR \
  --exec-prefix=INSTALLDIR/H-i686-pc-cygwin
$ make
$ make install

This will install the toolchain into INSTALLDIR (with the cygwin-specific
files in INSTALLDIR/H-i686-pc-cygwin).

> I can not build Insight at all, I attach a file with the error in.

More accurately: you cannot build dejagnu. ;-)