Re: Insight - remote debugging

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Mathieu Mazerolle wrote:

> - Does it do remote debugging? If I have a deamon runnign on the target, can
> a host running Insight connect and remote debug?

Insight will do just about anything gdb will. So if gdb can connect to
your remote daemon, Insight can, too.

> - Is there an ETA for a stable Cygwin version (that does not involve rolling
> back files)?

There seems to be a lot of interest in getting good, stable cygwin
versions of insight, but there is very little interest in helping.

If you really, really want to run the latest Insight, you can do it with a
hack patch that is out on the public mailing list. It works around the
real problem (which has not been identified). Use at your own risk.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00160.html