Re: remote debugging

On 12 Dec 2002, Tim wrote:

> I understand using the open menu option, and that is what I tried.  When
> 'run' the app after opening the local executable, there is no connection
> message on the remote device.  What appears to be happening is that
> insight is running the application locally and not connecting to the
> remote device.

That's probably a long-standing bug... :-( It should never try to run
locally when cross-debugging.

> I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong and insight is not
> attempting to connect to the remote device.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, but let's see if we can't get
you going.

> I set the target settings to:
> 	Target: Remote/TCP
> 	Hostname: 192.168.0.29
> 	Port: 2345
> 	Run Options: Attach To Target
> 	Run Method: Run Program
>
> when I run a console gdb it will connect, but insigt does not...  Any
> help is appreciated.  Thanx!

Couple of bits of info will help us direct the investigation, so:

What's the output of "gdb -v" (or "insight -v" if you've got a newer
version of insight)?

What are the commands you use in the console to get this working? ("file
FOO", "break main", "target remote 192.168.0.29:2345", "continue", etc)