RE: remote debugging

All,

This is how I do it.

1. run gdbserver of the target
2. Start insight
3. load the application you want to debug
4. set the target selection to remote TCP the host IP address and port you
want to use.  Make sure you download program is deselected and attach to
target is selected.  I also make sure there are not breakpoints set for me.
Set breakpoint and main and at exit are deselected.
5. using the function browser under the view command place the breakpoint
where you want to.  I normall add one at the beginning of main here (I have
control of where the breakpoint gets set some time not the beginning of main
but before main or in a specific function to debug a specific feature.
6. Then I hit the run button.  The program starts and continues until it
hits my breakpoint.

This works fine for me.  I use a similar functionality with my BDI2000 or
with gdbserver it depends on what I'm debugging.

I have even used this kind of setup to debug the kernel, application and
drivers all at the same time with source code level debugging.  I love
Insight it was the easiest for me to get going an while I'm getting to know
the GDB command line Insight is a great way for us windows converts to get
used to Linux.

The Insight guys have done a great job.  Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Rod Boyce.