Re: Long wait for GUI to connect

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Harri Siirtola wrote:

> WIN98
> Cygwin 1.3.1
> GDB/Insight 5.1.1 configured for host=i586-pc-cygwin, target=arm-elf

I'm not entirely sure, but there are a few things you can try to solve
this. Before I go into those, though, you might want to search the mailing
list for cygwin and arm messages: I believe that GDB 5.1 had issues with
arm on cygwin. I would recommend using 5.3 (or even 5.2.x).

Back to the original problem: Try running with the console window open to
see if there are any messages that get printed out. Try bypassing insight
(gdb -nw) and see if it is GDB that is causing problems or whether it is
insight.

This should give us a start.