Insight/gdb display issues

Hi,

I'm having issues when I use Insight 5.3 to single step through
my code. The GUI seems to step around erratically not following
the exact sequence of commands in my source code. This even happens
in straight-forward code. For instance, if I have 3 or 4 assignments in a
row
like
1 a=b;
2 c=d;
3 e=f;
4 g=h

breaking on line 1 and single stepping through will cause the display
to move from line 1 to line 4, then back to line 1, then line 2, then
line 1 again, etc... This is the type of behavior I'm seeing.

More on my setup:
I'm connected to my ARM 920T chip via remote/TCP. I've compiled Insight 5.3
with --target=arm-linux using the following:

1) binutils version 2.12.1
2) gcc 2.95.3

I'm connected to a Abatron BDI2000 JTAG debugger for ARM targets.
I've also seen this same behavior using DDD version 3.3.
I've also spoken to someone else who said they've seen this type of
behavior on a PPC platform as well.

Since it happens on both Insight and DDD, it seems it must be something with
GDB???

Am I doing something wrong?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,