cygwin build error

I recently set up cygwin for yet another attempt at compiling insight (seeing that the version of insight that comes with cygwin refuses to display source view (why?)), checked out the latest sources and started compiling. I tried using both mingw32 and cygwin gcc, and both stopped at the same point. I'll repeat the error message from the cygwin attempt:

make[3]: Entering directory `home/Karukef/src/bfd/po´
file=./`echo fr | sed ´s,.*/,,´`.gmo \
 && rm -f $file && PATH=../src:$PATH msgfmt -o $file fr.po
msgfmt: not found
make[3]: *** [fr.gmo] Error 127
Make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Karukef/src/bfd/po´

Any help would be appreciated. I used to have an old working version of insight, but after installing cygwin and it's insight at some point I now no longer have a debugger.

--
Tomas Dahle