Re: multi-ice-gdb-server

I have now build the multi-ice-gdb-server under cygwin. The ARM multi-ice
server (2.3) is running on my win host pc, with the multi-ice hardware and
my target all connected through the parallel port. This works and the server
is configured correctly.
Then I run the multi-ice-gdb-server also on the host pc. The multi-ice
server says "Debugger connected ...." and everything looks good. I then turn
to my linux-box and run insight/gdb. Set up the target with the "Remote ARM
TCP" connection and press "connect to target". It tries to connect - on the
host pc, the multi-ice-gdb-server says "Got connection from [linux-box IP]",
but after that insight/gdb says "Could not reset the board, try pressing the
reset button" with some explanation of how it could not connect and that I
should check my settings.
Resetting the target locally on the host pc from the multi-ice server works
fine - but doesn't help.

Also, if I hook off "reset system on startup" on the multi-ice dll dialog
(comes up when starting multi-ice-gdb-server), I get the following error
from multi-ice-gdb-server.

"rdi error = 259
Error #259 opening module module 0
Unable to stop target processor.
Check the server configuration matches the target system, the target
is powered up, not in reset and can operate at the TCK setting used.
Error opening target.
Exiting..."

The set up looks ok now right ?! This is supposed to work ? Any ideas ?

Paul

-----------------

>That looks like it might work. To be clear, however, I am not at all
interested in this code any more. So the >someone for whom it "probably
wouldn't be too hard to rev the code..." will certainly not be me ;-(

>Jim
>
>On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 04:39 PM, Ramapriya Rangachar wrote:
>

>Check this out:
>
>http://www.arm.com/support/downloads-multi-ice
>
>Ram
>
>From: Jim Ingham <jingham at apple dot com>
>To: insight at sources dot redhat dot com
>Subject: Re: multi-ice-gdb-server
>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:00:56 -0800
>
>The multi-ice-gdb-server is a bridge between Arm's multi-ice driver and the
gdb remote protocol. At least >when I did this, Arm only had a Windows
driver for the multi-ice, so you run the multi-ice-gdb-server on Linux. >If
ARM has released a Linux driver, it probably wouldn't be too hard to rev the
code to build on Linux. But >otherwise, it would be pointless...