RE: Developing for Insight

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 15:23, Liang, James wrote:

> I am adding a new target to GDB.  I set the GDBTK_DEBUG environment variable
> to 1, but it's not quite printing the information I'm looking for.   My
> hope(maybe an unrealistic one) is that I can somehow port GDB text mode and
> debug it completely in C and have it magically work with Insight.

That has always been the case in my experience.  The only target
specific information in Insight is in targetselection.itb. And you
shouldn't need to do anything to it for native ports, simulators, or
standard remote targets.

> That
> way, I don't have to learn Tcl/TK or a Tcl/TK debugger to the level of
> detail that I'd probably like to fix my bugs.  The problem is that it is
> difficult to figure out bugs like the buttons for the GDB "up" and "down"
> commands to be disabled when
> the "up" and "down" commands work fine in the GDB console.

I can't imagine why only those two buttons would be disabled. So the run
button works, you can set breakpoints, step, etc?

Martin