Re: Debugger for ARC Processor

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:55, Sven Engelhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how I can compile the INSIGHT Debugger for ARC ?? Pleace give me some hints.
> I want build a Gnu-Tool-Chain for
> the Fujitsu MB87L2250.

Same way as for gcc or gdb. Unfortunately, I don't see anything that
would lead me to believe that gdb supported such a configuration.

If you have a gcc that was built for your CPU (or a gdb), running either
gcc or gdb with "-v" will give the target triple to use when configuring
insight. Then configure and build as with gdb (or just about any GNU
program), i.e., "/path/to/src/configure --target=XXX-YYY" ("XXX-YYY" is
called the target "triple").

If you cannot find a usable target triple, I suggest asking on the gdb
list (gdb at sources dot redhat dot com) whether your target is
supported (and what triple to use to configure it).