Re: tcl combobox widget

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 17:31, John Williams wrote:
> Insight experts - will I have to rebuild Insight/gdb against the new
> tcl/tk?  Can I just drop the latest tcl/tk sources into the insight
> source tree and rebuild, or is it much worse than that?

Hmmm. What version of Insight do you have? 5.0, right? As I recall, 5.0
was released with Tcl/Tk 8.0, so your third party vendor has modified
the code.

If your vendor has updated the Tcl/Tk in the release to 8.3, it should
be relatively easy to go to 8.4. There will be problems with some
interfaces changes, new version of Itcl, and some other small things,
but it should be doable.

<rant -- please pardon. very tired>
Why not get your third-party vendor to support their "product". After
all, it is they who is (apparently) getting paid (in one way or
another).
</rant>

You might even find it easier to try to merge your vendor's gdb changes
into CVS head (which uses an UNMODIFIED version of Tcl/Tk 8.4.1)...