Re: gdb/Insight 5.3 really slow when stepping - patch submitted togdb-patch list

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 02:42, Roland Schwingel wrote:
> The last 2 days I made 2 postings here. Maybe they were not correctly
> targeted. I today found the
> gdb-patches mailinglist where I just sent a diff to concerning the gdbtk
> stepping problem.

Well, strictly speaking the patch should go to the insight list (insight
at sources dot redhat dot com), where I would see it.

However, I have to question why lookup_symtab is suddenly so painfully
slow? I don't have a problem applying the patch, but I want to make sure
first that you didn't uncover a real gdb problem that no one knows
about.

Hmm. You say you did this on 5.3 (for native cygwin?). What about a
newer version  -- have you tried a CVS snapshot or HEAD?

I used to use cygwin a lot around 5.3 time frame -- it was never that
slow. If I asked for a testcase which demonstrates the problem, do you
think you could provide me with one?