Re: slow response time when debugging over ethernet

Following your suggestion, I have made some trials to debug over ethernet
with command line gdb .
I made two test , one with gdb5.1.1/host NT4/ remote target i386-elf and one
with cygwin package gdb ( last one) /host w2k/remote target i386-elf..Remote
target monitor is redboot.  Result is the same as with Insight <--> the
problem is on gdb : The download is very fast but debugging is slow.We also
have made the trial with a Linux platform as host and then response time is
OK <--> the problem is connected with window.
Then we also have analysed the network traffic ( with ethreal) during the
debugging  session in both case. I t seems that when using host = window we
have a delay due to the naggle algo of tcp level. This delay should be off
when using little packet ( this occurs when debugging ). On the host=linux
the delay is off.

do you know this problem,?
I also loocking for a work around ( just download over tcp and the debug
over serial)
I also shall contact the gdb mailing list because it seem to be a window-gdb
problem

Gilbert