RE: Building Insight snapshot on CygWin?

Hello Sir,
May i know the OS (windows  version) you have used to bring insight on cygwin?.
I am able to successfully bring insight up on windows-XP. I am not able to bring on windows-98.
I am facing the below problems.

1). Wheni do ../configure --target......
I will get windows error message saying "This program has perfomed illega...."
after displaying below message.
Checking for working autoheader...

2). If i discard the above error message, then configure will stop after displaying below message.

Finding the maximum length of command line arguments.....

3). Sometimes, i don't get error nuber-2. At that time, application will hang after displaying below message.

Checking whether to build static library.... yes

If you know why this problem comes, please tell me.
I will be eagerly waiting for your reply.

thanks & regards
vadiraj