RE: Building Insight snapshot on CygWin?

Ok, I've checked this on cygwin on Windows 98.

Short story: Win98 is really messed up.

Whatever opcodes/ does with perl, it causes perl to crash on Windows 98
systems.

Ignoring that, configure does just "stop" when it gets to the part about
checking whether to build shared libraries.

I have not had time to investigate yet, but it is definitely a Windows
98 issue with cygwin.