RE: Problems building Insight 5.3 on Sun Solaris !

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 01:40, SMANSFEL@bouyguestelecom.fr wrote:
> You're absolutely right !
> Here it's (see attached file).

I've diff'd your Makefile with the one that I've generated and used on
my Red Hat linux box -- no substantial differences.

As I suspected, your make is complaining about line 59 of the Makefile
(although I think it is really 58):

58 ifeq ($(TCL_SHLIB_SUFFIX),.dll)
59 CYGWIN_CFLAGS=-I$(srcdir)/../../../../tcl/win
60 else
61 CYGWIN_CFLAGS=
62 endif

I edited the paths in your Makefile (srdir, plugin_srcdir, and
plugin_builddir) and used it to build the example plugin, rhabout. It
worked!

Are you absolutely certain that you're using GNU make? I've inspected
your build script, and although it is quite goofy (it appears to
duplicate the build dependencies that are inheritly part of the source
tree you've already downloaded), I don't see immediately why it might
affect anything.

Here's what I would like you to do:
1. configure and build the source tree as normal. i.e., without your
build script. This will really make it easier for me to understand the
process behind the build that is occurring on your machine. To do this:
$ ls
src/
$ mkdir solaris; cd solaris
$ ../src/configure > config.out 2>&1
[snip]
$ make all-gdb > build.out 2>&1

Send the two resulting files, config.out and build.out, to the list.

Also, do this:
$ which make
[send output to list]
$ make -v
[send output to list]

I cannot understand why your version of GNU make would choke on line
58/59 and mine does not...

Hmm. One more thing to try. Does the build work if you delete the whole
ifeq-else-endif clause starting at line 58?