Re: General question

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 16:53, Rod Boyce wrote:
> Bdm/wiggler is not a supported configuration by gdb (a
> proprietary DLL in gdb violates the GPL).

Ok, to clarify: whether or not using a proprietary DLL with gdb is
violation of the GPL. Some say yes, some say no. In the end, device
support is not an Insight issue: it's a gdb issue, and gdb folk have
apparently decided that although this appears not to violate the letter
of the GPL, it appears to violate the intent of the GPL. Consequently,
ser-ocd.c and most on-chip support was dropped from gdb.

See, for example,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-05/msg00092.html.

There are many such thread in the gdb mailing list. I suggest you search
or query the gdb mailing list for the most up-to-date stance on this
issue.