Re: Problem with "finish" command in insight.

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 13:32, Josef Wolf wrote:
> I have no idea why original gdb-5.3 omitted the cleanups on TYPE_CODE_VOID.
> The FIXME indicates that the original autor was unsure about this, too ;-).
> This is exactly what triggered my problem. And it seems to exist in the
> main gdb program (although I could not trigger it in main gdb, but this might
> be by accident). Your patch seem to be more general, but it fixes only
> insight and not main gdb. So which patch would be the correct one? Or should
> both patches be included? Or better your patch and a similar (generic) patch
> for main gdb in addition?

My patch fixes insight so that it's main loop behaves the same as the
console's command loop.

Your patch addresses a slightly different problem: one with gdb. IMO,
you should use my patch AND your patch if that fixes gdb. If the finish
problem you are seeing in gdb still exists, I recommend filing a bug
report in the gdb database and attaching your patch. I'm sure they'd
welcome that.