RE: Problem with source paths with new Cygwin release

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 14:56, Kristian Otnes wrote:
> It must be a GDB/Cygwin related problem as you suggest. I am using
> a cross target compiler for PowerPC/ELF.

I'm betting that's its more a generic gdb problem. I don't think cygwin
is really the issue: gdb has "worked" for a long time on cygwin.

> Maybe related to somehow Cygwin handles paths? I see the paths in the
> ELF file. Might be an API change somewhere?!

Doesn't seem likely that this should suddenly fail. I'm putting my money
on the symbol readers.

> Since Insight includes GDB when compiling, I am not sure how closely
> the Insight snapshots follow GDB updates. And I don't know how closely
> GDB follows Cygwin or vice versa. In other words, it can be a number of
> causes.

Insight snapshots are taken at the same time as gdb. In fact, I don't
even do anything related to releases -- the (very) kind gdb folk do it
for me. (Thanks, Andrew! :-)

Nonetheless, you're right: the best approach is to build something new.
Since 6.0 is due out "any day now" (so that means anytime in the next
month or two or three), I would encourage you to try this on 6.0. If
problems exist with 6.0, gdb developers will certainly want to know
about it.

Good luck,