Re: USB support for GDB

Would you use Micosofts WDM DDK, to assist in the development of the device drivers for the particular target system. Would the device driver be wrote at a layer below GDB & then use Win32 API calls to communicate with the Device Driver which in turn would communicate with the target device

From: Jim Blandy <jimb@redhat.com>
To: Sachin Bharadwaj <sachin@multitech.co.in>
CC: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: USB support for GDB
Date: 06 Oct 2003 13:33:49 -0500

Sachin Bharadwaj <sachin@multitech.co.in> writes: > How do I start modifying Insight/GDB for communicating through USB. I > have a sample Linux USB driver, with which I want to interface the > Insight/GDB 5.1.

I don't know anything about talking to USB devices, but I would guess
that you would need to create a new serial_ops structure (see
serial.h) pointing to functions that do the right thing, and call
serial_add_interface to register it.

Then you'll need to add a case to serial_open in serial.c to parse the
argument to 'target remote'.