Re: Multiple ~/.gdbtkinit files

>> Anyway, you could try something like:

The -nx and --command options are not the problem, they deal with the
normal ".gdb<<blank-not-TK>>init" file.

I'm talking about the gdb<<TK>>init file (or gdbtk.ini file on
windows) there is no command line option to disable that one.

It is 100% handled by the prefs.tcl file.

It seems that if I delete this file - things work again when they
break. If I don't - things go horribly wrong.

>> So you have, for instance, different window geometries and open
   windows based on the target?

Not that I know of.

The really tough thing is - I can't seem to debug tcl startup problems
under insight.

For instance, if you have a syntax error somewhere, or any erorr
message, it gets swallowed up and not shown to you. You have to debug
this stuff blind.

-- On a side note --

This problem is not limited to Insight - we have RH6.2 on some
machines, and RH7.3 on others. and we remote-X into them from other
machines. (Depends on where I am at my desk, or in the hardware lab,
etc)

What is a *REAL* pain in the but is when GNOME or KDE discovers that
you have an old "GNOME" init file - then upgrades it for you - then
you go to another machine and it won't start because it runs an older
version of GNOME.

Central to that problem is a shared home directory throughout our
systems.  It's both a blessing and a curse.

Both RH6.2 and RH7.3 don't like it when you login 2 times via remote-X
from two different locations..... ie: You go into the hardware lab and
login, while remaining logged in at your desk)

-Duane.