Re: How to use "Command to issue after attaching"

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 05:31, Cliff wrote:
> It is a serial of commands like
> monitor long 0x01c80000 = 0x11111002
> monitor long 0x01c80004 = 0x0600
> monitor long 0x01c80008 = 0x7ffc

Is your target set to use "continue" instad of "run"? Check the "More
Options" bit in the target selection dialog.  Otherwise, there's a
workaround... The "more options" thing describes the commands that are
used when the Run button is pressed.

If it is using "continue", then I would recommend you try running using
only command-line gdb: "file MYEXE"; "set remotebaud BAUD" (if needed);
"target TGT [OPTIONS]"; "load"; "break FUNCTION"; "cont".

In insight, the Run button always means: "Do whatever needs to be done
to get something running on the target." Of course, this means different
things to various targets.

> Then I try the "Command to issue after attaching" in the Target
> Selection dialog, but it seems only one command to issue. How can
> I run more than one command after attaching the target?

Put all your commands into a text file. Then enter the command "source
MYFILE" in the "command to ...." in the target selection dialog.