Hacking insight GUI

hi,
I am working on a project which deals with reconfiguring the user interface of Insight to better suite debugging on single as well as dual headed workstations. I went through one of the posts by keith and also went through the plugin architecture. But it seems that the architecture is meant for "adding" features rather than changing what already exists. I also went through the code but it looks quite complex.  For example I want to place multiple SrcTextWins(one for each thread you are interested in -in a multithreaded program) into a Tabnotebook.

Could somebody please tell me where I can find information/pointers on the hierarchy of the widgets and the existing tweaked widget classes that are used in insight ? Even a hierarchy diagram for widgets and their containers would be of great help.
Thanks,
Rajiv