Insight + ARM-9 + BDI2000: Hang on exec

I'm using insight built for ARM along with the BDI2000 (BDIGDB) debug "POD" to debug a custom interface card based on the MC9328 (ARM-9 core) processor.

Now, I can download the code, access memory, display registers etc. just fine. I was even able to start the application, stop at breakpoints, steptrace etc. for a while, but now when I hit "run", insight will hang completely. The window is still displayed, but none of the buttons or menus, or the sliders, respond to input, and the "run" icon doesn't even change to "stop". The only way out is to kill the app. gdb from the same build appears to work fine. As is often the case when those things happen, I'm unable to tell what has changed since everything worked. I've tried removing .gdbtkinit & reconfigured target settings to make sure the setup was clean, but this didn't help.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

Insight version is 6.0. Host OS is Red Hat Linux 9

- Toralf