RE: Help for memory view!

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 01:56, Emilio Ugo GIUFFRIDA wrote:
> Do you think it's possible, without adding so much heaviness in the code, to
> highlight changed memory values ?

Yes, it should be possible. In fact, I thought that it did this already.

> In memwin.itb there is a method, update_addr, that calls the command
> "gdb_update_mem" located in gdbtk-cmds.c file.
>
> What I understood is that memory values are read each time from the target,
> stored in a temporary buffer, and then displayied.
> It's right ?

More or less: the user has the option ("Auto Update" in preferences) to
turn it off.

> Have you any suggestion or comments ?

But, yes, it should absolutely be possible, and it shouldn't be all that
difficult to do. Keep around a list of cells that have changed since the
last update. Mark them as "normal" and then mark the newly changed cells
(and save in the changed cell list).

Of course, all this assumes that our table widget can change cell text
color. I know for certain it can change a background color, but I'm not
so sure about font color.

Anyway, if it can change the text color for a cell, change the font
color to ::Colors(change).