Re: Inight 6.1 build problems

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 00:22, Backhaus Willy wrote:
> I tried to build Insight 6.1 release version for use with cygwin.
> unfortunately, no insight executable is made. I also applied a patch
> (http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2004-q2/msg00032.html) but it didn't
> help. any hints?

Very good! That patch will definitely be necessary. So what happens with
the build? Did you regenerate the toplevel configure? Does it just not
create the insight executable? What about a gdb executable?

As for the snapshot...
> ----
> checking for c++... c++
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -g -O2 ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
> cre
> ate executables.
> make: *** [configure-dejagnu] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/gdb'

As you indicate, it appears that your compiler installation is hosed.
Can you compile a simple "hello-world"-like application in c and c++?
You might try reinstalling gcc in your cygwin configuration (?).