Re: gdb/insight problem

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 01:14, Avi Vaknin wrote:
> > We encountered a problem when trying to debug an eCos application.
> > We use Rattler-MPC8248 target from Analogue & Micro company.
> > In powerpc-eabi-insight when we connects to target we receives the warning "shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint"
> > Indeed, we cannot set breakpoints in the code, or single-step. The program just keeps running.
> > We can download the application from Redboot and run it fine.

Sounds like a gdb problem. (gdb = backend debugger; insight = gui)

Can you run it using just the command-line powerpc-eabi-gdb (or
powerpc-eabi-insight --i=console)?

If you cannot get that to work, send a copy of your session to the gdb
folks: they're be able to help you much more efficiently than I will.