Re: Getting an insight 6.1 executable on Cygwin

On 9 Jul 2004 at 11:57, Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:38, E. Weddington wrote:
> > Here's what I did:
> > 1. Clean install directory (prefix)
> > 2. Clean build directory.
> > 3. Unpack the source tarball.
> > 4. Apply patch.
>
> Did you regenerate top-level configure? The patch (as I recall) is for
> configure.in. So you need to run autoconf to regenerate configure from
> configure.in.

Ah, that explains it. No, I don't think I did. My fault for not looking close
enough at the patch. I'll have to get back to you on how this works out....

> BTW (I saw your other email), this is happening because of changes
> outside of gdb, i.e., top-level configure. I don't even know if the
> patch is correct. All I know is that it works. (And it is only needed on
> cygwin; linux works without it.)

Hey, if it works, it's correct for me. :-)

> Hopefully the whole acceptance mess will get straightened out soon, and
> I can spend some serious time fixing this and a host of other problems
> creeping up in insight now.

I've only just heard about this. Do you have any knowledge of the status of
this?

Thanks for your help and clarification.
Eric