insight-6.1 arm-elf build runs in command-line mode.

I built an arm-elf targeted build on a Cygwin host using the following
commands:

/src/insight-6.1/configure --target=arm-elf \
   --prefix=/gnutools -v 2>&1 | tee configure.out

make -w all install 2>&1 | tee make.out

The above commands were adapted from the instructions at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/build-toolchain.html

The source was from insight-6.1.tar.gz.

Everything seemed to build okay, with a resulting arm-elf-gdb.exe in the
bin directory, and a bunch of tcl related stuff. However when I execute
arm-elf-gdb, the command line gdb appears with no GUI.

I'll admit to being a novice at GNU tool building, but if anyone can tell me
what might be wrong, or tell me what further information I need to give,
please let me know.

Thanks.

Clifford