Re: Modifying the register window

>> I would like to modify Insight's register window in a way such that
   additional SPRs of a specific PowerPC CPU can be viewed
   there. E.g. the IBM PowerPC 405 provides several SPRs which are not
   available in Insight by default.

1) Are these registers presently know by GDB.

   Remember - Insight - like others (ie: DDD) is a wrapper
   ontop of GDB.

   Thus, GDB must first know how to get them.

   For those questions - you should ask on the GDB mailing list, not
   the insight mailing list.

   This might also be a limitation of your target operating system,
   and/or target, or - if you are using a JTAG box (embedded system)
   it might not make these registers available to GDB.

2) Once the registers are present in GDB...  then it's a matter of
   attacking the Tcl/Tk Window.  Look at

      ${INSIGHT_SOURCE}/gdb/gdbtk/library/regwin.*

   It is my understanding that there is nothing in
   the tcl/tk stuff that is PowerPPC specific.

-Duane.