Re: FW: Can't build Insight with Cygwin

Spen wrote:
Just to let you know that it does build under cygwin. I only make one patch
to enable building under the follow config.

Cygwin: 1.5.18
GCC 3.4.4

The patch can be found here:
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2005-q3/msg00021.html

I did run into one build problem after updating other cygwin pakages,
reinstalling gcc fixed the problems, could be with a try.

Thanks for pointing out that patch.

Sorry to go slightly off topic here...

I'm going to be building the latest version of Insight for the AVR target. I have done this before on a semi-regular basis, but it's been awhile. I would much rather build Insight on MinGW, but I don't know if that is possible yet. Are patches still required to do this? Does anyone have a set of patches to do this?

Alternatively, if it can't been done on MinGW, then I will have to fall back to building on Cygwin again, so I appreciate everyone's input on this thread and the link to the patch above.

Thanks
--
Eric Weddington