RE: Can't build Insight with Cygwin

Success!!!!

Not sure what I was doing but I think the files may have been left in some
sort of limbo state by my first attempts at building when I didn't have
bison and flex installed. (Although I thought I had cleaned and periodically
recreated the directory from the .bz2 file... but it's all beginning to blur
now.) Having delved into it, it's obvious now that I needed bison and flex
but it wasn't in the beginning.
Basically, I recreated the insight-6.4 directory and downloaded the cygwin
tools afresh. For cygwin, I opted for the default (base) selection together
with gcc, make, bison, flex, tcl/tk, autoconf and automake as well as any
dependencies the cygwin installer threw up. Then it built first time! Maybe
this list of packages could creep back into the docs as a recommended cygwin
install?

(BTW: Just discovered that Insight 6.3.50 is included prebuilt in the cygwin
stuff under the gdb package as well as in the mingw downloads).

Final point: Why does the Windows firewall chuck-up a message box when I
start Insight? What is Insight trying to do that should concern the
firewall?
Many thanks for all the help, guys!

Peter