Re: Make breakpoint pending

Guillaume Savaton wrote:

All my programs are written in assembly language.
The executable is generated using GNU as and ld.

Ah, okay, now I'm beginning to see what is happening.

If you type "break _start" (or whatever your label is called), I'll bet gdb asks you the same question. You really need to use "break *_start", since _start is only a LABEL, not a FUNCTION. [Okay, I am assuming you didn't write your assembler code make the distinction.]