Re: insight builds with no errors on OSX, but gdb not! being built ...

On 14.03.2006, at 21:14, OpenMacNews wrote:

hi hermann,

Insight is included in Apple's gdb! I am trying to build it right now
which should tell you that you're not the *sole* flunky :D

by 'included', i presume you mean 'as source' ... or has it been somewhere rolled-out as a/the GUI-bin in the OSX devtools?

In fact XCode uses gdb as its debugger and I was just curious whether you could debug any Mac OS X application with it. And you can! Richard, why not use XCode for debugging? What you need to do is to create a new empty project in XCode and add the executable to it that you would like to debug (click on Project->New Custom Executable...). Now you can start gdb from within a nifty Cocoa interface by clicking on Debug->Debug Executable. I think you should give it a shot. The debugger interface is awesome!

Cheers,
Hermann