autoconf version of itcl/tcl/tk subdirectories

I was wondering if someone on this mailing list could help me understand
why the itcl, tcl, and tk subdirectories of the src tree are still using
autoconf 2.13.  My understanding is that these subdirectories are used
when building insight, is that correct?  That is why I am asking on this
email list.

The reason I am interested is that I want to get the libtool that is in
the GCC tree updated.  I have been told this cannot happen until all of
the GCC and src trees have been updated to autoconf 2.59.  The GCC tree
has been completely updated and most of the src tree is updated, but
itcl, tcl, and tk are among the src subdirectories that have not been
updated.

Does anyone know any blocks to updating these directories to use
autoconf 2.59?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com