Re: Questioning the withdom of bundling gdb and insight

Mikhail Teterin wrote:
середа 17 травень 2006 10:27, Keith Seitz написав:
Because at one time, we maintained a large number of fixes to tcl, tk, and itcl.

Are these fixes still necessary? Were they submitted to the maintainers of the tcl, tk, and itcl projects respectively? Can the patches be downloaded separately for evaluation?

Note the wording. ".. at one time .." Our repository currently has 8.4.1 that was released by the Tcl consortium. We have two or three local modifications, but I think it is all configury to deal with /usr/lib vs /usr/share issues.

The majority wanted the giant tarball:

http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2004-q4/msg00116.html

This link points to you asking the question and a SINGLE response from a person, who admitted to be a ``not a big "consumer of snapshots"''.

Hmm. Perhaps that's the wrong thread. Or maybe there were some messages sent to me privately that never made it to the list. I don't recall any more.

PS. Patches welcome to build using external tcl, tk, itcl...

I'll build it -- just allow me (and the users of my work) to download only the pieces needed. I'd like to make a FreeBSD port of insight (and gdb*).

I don't have a problem with making insight-only snapshots available. Of course, IMO, anonymous CVS is always available to do this.