Re: Questioning the withdom of bundling gdb and insight

Mikhail Teterin wrote:
?????? 17 ??????? 2006 13:55, Keith Seitz ???????:
I don't have a problem with making insight-only snapshots available. Of
course, IMO, anonymous CVS is always available to do this.

I don't realy care for snapshots as I don't intend my port for people working ON insight/gdb -- only for those working WITH it.

You can always use a CVS release branch. All releases are tagged (gdb_MAJOR_MINOR-branch -- gdb_6_5-branch was just created).

But I'd like the released pieces to be available by themselves -- without the accompanying other stuff, that's already ported and available.

I made my own tarball with gdb/gdbtk and libgui -- it is under a megabyte bzip2-ed.

If you feel, the users should be able to download everything needed from one location, you can add your server to the list of Tcl/Tk and Itcl/Itk mirrors :-)

Believe me when I say, I have wanted to remove the requirement of using pre-packaged tcl, tk, and itcl for a LONG time. You know, I may just stop talking about it and do it. How hard can the first two be, anyway? (Famous last words)

Then I could make an insight RPM. :-)