Re: compiling insight on FC5

maxpagani@libero.it wrote:

As you can see a single quote (') within backquotes is disturbing the shell interpreter. Maybe the 'bash' coming with Fedora Core 5 (bash-3.1-6.2) is not compatible with configure scripts you provide.

Yup, that was a well-known problem with that release. A mailing list search would have turned up the patch to fix it. Typically, I don't respin releases, but I think putting up a tarball with that one change should be done.

So I am going to do it, even though 6.5 is right around the corner.

I apologize for not doing this sooner.