Re: How to connect to running program via a serial port

[add list to recipients]

Nik Shaylor wrote:
On 8/14/06, Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:

Don't use the run button. Use the Run menu. One of the items should
allow you to attach to the target. That does the equivalent of the
"target remote" command on the command line.

The Run menu has "Attach to Process" and "Run". If I do the former it presents a list of processes to attact to. But this is not want I need to do, I neet to attach (if that is the right verb) to the serial port.

Something is amiss. If you open a console window and type "show version", what does it output? Your Run menu should definitely have a "Connect to target" option for a non-native debugger.