Re: gdb6.5 vs insight6.5

Andrew STUBBS wrote:
Denis PILAT wrote:
I'd like to know why the bfd in insight distribution is not the same as gdb ?

They're not. They just appear to be.

Also, the insight-6.5 release gives its version as "6.5.0.20060626-cvs",
which suggests that the release procedure was not followed correctly.

I think the main problem here is that I wasn't following the official release process (as listed in the gdb internals manual). I was using the branch, not the actual release tag under which gdb was released. That's because when GDB makes a release, they don't tag insight (even if they don't make the release for insight).

So, clearly a proper "respin" is in order. Would any one object if I did this on the 6.5 branch as it stands today? The only differences are:

2006-09-01 Mark Kettenis <kettenis@gnu.org>

       Committed by Joel Brobecker  <brobecker@adacore.com>
       * gdbtypes.c (init_flags_type): Set all fields to zero instead of
       just the first one.

2006-07-20 Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@codesourcery.com>

       * dwarf2read.c (dwarf2_symbol_mark_computed): Handle corrupted
       or missing location list information.  Suggested by Jan
       Kratochvil <lace@jankratochvil.net>.

2006-07-13 Denis PILAT <denis.pilat@st.com>

       * interps.c (interpreter_completer): Allocate one more item to the
       'matches' list and set them all to 0 with a xcalloc.

Or would people prefer something else? Merge insight into the real 6.5 release?