Re: Insight cross-debugging fails... ?

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 10:36 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:

> > I would think this should work, yes.

>       * Insight needs to only ever send "continue" as the first command,
>         never "run", if it's configured to connect to a remote target.

Gak.  I found my problem.  Under "Target Settings" I had chosen
"Remote/TCP" instead of "GDBserver/TCP".  Once I fixed this I was able
to use "r" and the "running man" icon and I didn't need to connect
first, or use "c" instead of "r" the first time.

There are still a few glitches: for example if I try to "run" again
after the program has started it doesn't work properly.  If you use a
GDB target type of "extended-remote", instead of "remote", this should
work; the extended command set has the ability to restart the remote
process.

But, overall it seems to be working pretty well.  Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@netezza.com>                       http://netezza.com
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist
      These are my opinions--Netezza takes no responsibility for them.