X error Running insight on Fedora Core 6

I successfully configure and installed insight 6.6 on Fedora Core 6
./configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/opt/insight-arm

the gdb command line runs fine with no problem, however, when I try to run insight, or gdb -w, I have following error messages:
X Error of failed request: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 18 (X_ChangeProperty)
Atom id in failed request: 0x149
Serial number of failed request: 12

I already made sure that X11 is installed on the system. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Nina