RE: Insight not configured correctly?

[First accidentally not posted to list, so I'm resending]

From: Keith Seitz [mailto:keiths@redhat.com]

> Petrangelo, Jeanne wrote:
> > My goal is to create a personal instance of insight in my home
> > directory which will not interfere with gdb used by others on the
system.

> > I configured the installation with:
> >    configure --target=powerpc-linux --prefix=$HOME/bin \
> >           --exec-prefix=$HOME/bin/ppc-insight
>
> [snip]
> So, the first thing to try is to omit the --exec-prefix flag, since it

> is probably not needed. You probably also don't want to include "bin"
> as your install directory.

Thank you!

I tried, on my development linux machine,
  configure --target=powerpc-linux --prefix $HOME/ppc_insight
  make
  make install

... then found several executables in ppc_insight/bin including
"powerpc-linux-insight" which I ran as:
  powerpc-linux-insight -x ~/gdbcmd/<config file>

Lo and behold, an X window opened with "Source Window" in the title bar,
and what looks to be the code I expect to see, although it's in assembly
instead of C source. I see a drop down box in the upper right corner
that lets me switch from Assembly to Source except it only ever shows
assembly and will not show me source.  Is this another configuration
problem?

Thank you again,
Jeanne

jpetrang at ciena dot com