Re: [patch ping^2] suppress annoying warnings about cygwin1.dbg

Hi Brian,

Brian Dessent wrote:
Patch here: http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2007-q2/msg00020.html

Can anyone please take a look at this?  Using insight on Cygwin without
this is a very frustrating affair which involves having to dismiss *two*
stupid focus-stealing pop-up dialogs every single time you type 'run'.

I can't test it right now, but,

Doesn't that warning about the missing .text section come from
win32-nat.c falling back to .text to compute the relocation
offsets, and not finding any .text section?

I think the changes to make win32 use solib-target.c at least will
turn this into a different warning, if they don't remove it.  I'm
not familiar with the  separate debug info mechanism in gdb, but to
me it sounds we should understand the reasons for the warnings and
fix it there.   I mean, why is it that these warnings don't happen
on other targets?  Why is gdb looking for loadable sections in a
debug info only file?

Cheers,
Pedro Alves